Online discount codes is a business with a very commercial character, but isn’t highly popular on the Polish market (in comparison to other countries). That’s why making an effective creative campaign for Picodi was quite a challenge. But here, in Elephate, we really do like challenges!
Picodi.com is a global site with discount codes from 35 countries. The challenge was to increase the recognizability of the brand in Poland through content marketing and e-PR actions. Our client wanted to get publications and brand mentions about its services on sites with a wide outreach.
We decided to create a content marketing campaign which connected link building and the media relations aspects. As a result of our brainstorming, we came up with the idea of a “Polish e-cleverness ranking”. In our research we measured nationwide e-cleverness – the ability to shop online in wise and frugal ways.
We asked people from ten of the biggest cities in Poland how they shopped on the internet. Thanks to the answers from the surveys and the data collected by Picodi about online discount code preferences, we created an e-cleverness ranking. The ranking was evaluated to include, among other things, the consideration taken while making a decision about purchasing a product, using various saving possibilities, and the ability to find them while shopping online.
The campaign achieved its main goal – it increased brand awareness. It also brought many others benefits:
- over 60 media publications
- 25 dofollow links from 20 different domains with an average Domain Authority of 36
- 36 brand mentions
- all-in social media outreach: 209,637
- publication in the paper magazine Logo:
Why we succeeded?
According to CBOS, every other Pole feels connected to the city they live in. This is why our numerous attempts to access local pride were one of the most important factors that led our campaign to success. How did we use them?
- Report in ranking form. The competitive element between the cities piqued the readers’ curiosity and inspired them to make comparisons with other city residents. Participants wanted to know where their cities ranked compared to others.
- Separate score for every city. We created eleven different articles. In ten of them, we described the results of the research conducted in every city. The article titles were catchy, some of them even invoked local stereotypes. Thanks to that, all of the various city residents were curious to see the results about themselves. In addition, we also wrote an article which was a summary of the nationwide results.
- Original visual content. We created graphics, which presented the participating cities’ symbols and the average annual amount of savings made while shopping online. We showed it in the form of iteration of the product’s price. The products we chose were characteristic for the particular city. Thanks to that, ordinary numbers became more personal and it was easier to imagine the hypothetical amounts as an element of everyday life.
- Local media interest. The data about a particular city was great publication-ready material and obviously aligned with the subject goals of the local sites.
In some niches, especially in those with a strong commercial character, coming up with an effective creative campaign sounds like a big challenge. With the “e-cleverness ranking” we proved that engaging content and active promotion can lead to numerous valuable publications in a short period of time. Thanks to a creative approach, it is possible even in a difficult niche!
You can check out the content (in Polish) at: https://www.picodi.com/pl/mozna-taniej/raporty